Kuwait Bilingual School
An IB World School

  البريد الإلكتروني  ::       الاتصال  و الخريطة

 Contact and Map   ::         Web mail
 

 


| Philosophy |

| History |

| Facilities |

| Chairman of the Board |

| Director General Message |

| Central Administration |

  | Affiliations |

Kuwait Bilingual School was established in 1998 in Al Jahra City, Kuwait. It was the first private bilingual school in the north of the state . Earlier in the decade, Mr. Saleh Al Mekhlef, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, believed the time was opportune to establish a quality school in his home city. Indeed, much of the impetus came from the belief that Al Jahra needed broader educational opportunities for children in the second largest city in Kuwait. He wished to spare children from Jahra spending hours on buses each day traveling to Kuwait City in order to benefit from quality, values based education. Thus, with land and financial assistance from Sheikh Ali Al Salem Al Ali Al Sabah the notion of establishing a bilingual school emerged.  The foundation of the school were laid in March 1998 and completed in August of that year. The school commenced in September 1998 with a single Nursery and KG 1 class and one KG 2 class. The total number of students was 45, the school grew steadily in subsequent years present enrollment of over 1100 students. KBS sought to develop the highest standards of academic programs, together with a full support and extra curricular activities. However, it is in values education and creation of a safe, caring and disciplined environment that the school has achieved its strong reputation. KBS has been a school nurtured by the commitment, dedication and love by Management, teachers and students alike. It is a rising star on the horizons of education in Al Jahra and Kuwait.